The ORIGINAL "Louisiana" brand products are produced by Bruce Foods of New Iberia, LA.
CAJUN FRYING TIPS:
1. Chill foods to be fried as cold as possible (in ice water or chilled marinades and batters) prior to breading.
The colder the food when immersed in properly heated oil, the better the seal holding natural juices in.
2. If desired, season food prior to breading. For evenly breaded food, immerse in an egg wash solution
(egg wash = 1 egg whisked into 1/2 cup water or milk as desired) then dredge in breading. For thicker
breading, repeat procedure a second time; shake off excess breading and place in heated oil.
3. Never bread foods until the last possible moment. Shake off excess breading; never overcrowd the fryer,
when oil darkens, strain prior to further use.
4. Correct oil temperature 350 degrees F to 375 degrees F must be maintained at all times. Oil is ready when
small crouton sizzles when dropped into hot oil. Add foods to be fried slowly when necessary to maintain oil
temperature, thickest portions first.
5. Pan-Frying: Fry in oil level halfway up the vertical height of the food to be pan fried. It is necessary that
coating maintain contact with pan surface for a superior crust. Do not allow food to float in oil.
6. When deep frying, food should not stick to bottom of the pan.
1. Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel, devein and rinse shrimp or drain oysters.
Shake off excess water and set aside.
3. Roll in dry Louisiana Brand Shrimp & Oyster Fry Mix and fry for about 3 minutes at 350 degrees F until
Coats approximately 2 dozen shrimp or oysters.