AUTHENTIC NEW ORLEANS RECIPE -- CREOLE BROWN RICE & CHICKEN
1 package Zatarain's Dirty Brown rice Mix
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 boneless chicken breasts cut in 1/2 inch strips
1 3/4 cups water
In a 2 1/2 quart saucepan melt butter and saute' vegetables until tender. Add chicken and saute' until lightly browned. Add water and Zatarain's Dirty Brown Rice Mix, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir, cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, let stane for 5 minutes before serving.
EASY STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. Lightly brown 3/4 pounds ground beef and drain.
2. In a 2 1/2 quart saucepan combine 1 3/4 cups water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional), bring to a boil.
3. Add Zatarain's Dirty Brown Rice Mix and meat, stir, return mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, stir, cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.
1. In a microwave-safe bowl combine 2 cups HOT water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional), 3/4 pound cooked ground beef and Zatarain's Dirty Brown Rice Mix and stir thoroughly.
2. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes, stir, reduce power to 60% and cook for approximately 25 minutes*, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove, stir and let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.
*Cook time may differ depending on the power of the microwave oven.