Autin's Dirty Rice Mix
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Just add your favorite meat to Autin's Dirty Rice Mix for an authentic Louisiana favorite.
- Pre-cook 1 lb ground meat, chicken gizzards, or sausage (for a combination of 1 lb). Gizzards should be chopped.
- Drain excess fat off ground meat. Set aside.
- In a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water or meat stock to a boil.
- Add mix and blend thoroughly.
- Add meat.
- Bring back to a boil, stir, reduce to low heat, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add salt or pepper (if desired).
Yields: 5 - 8 oz servings.
The company started in 1910 in Houma, Louisiana - where today the Autin family is still united. Descendants of French settlers to Louisiana who for three generations have made high quality and authentic Cajun food products. The Autin's were known for high quality Cajun foods that were well seasoned. Cooked Cajun entrees, such as Shrimp Etouffee and Gumbo were popular dishes sold through retail and catering. By popular demand, the Autin's made available their authentic Cajun seasoning blends in 1986, Autin's Cajun Cookery.