Autin's Chili Mix
Just add your favorite meat to Autin's Chili Mix for an authentic Louisiana favorite.
- In a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan, sear 2 pounds of ground or small cubed beef or deer meat (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
- Add 1, 8 oz can of tomato sauce, 2 cups of water, and Autin’s Chili Mix packet.
- Bring mixture to a low boil while stirring occasionally.
- Cook covered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 or 2 cans of kidney or pinto beans (if desired).
- Add salt or pepper (if desired).
Yields: 7 - 8 oz servings.
The company started in 1910 in Houma, Louisiana - where today the Autin family is still united. Descendants of French settlers to Louisiana who for three generations have made high quality and authentic Cajun food products. The Autin's were known for high quality Cajun foods that were well seasoned. Cooked Cajun entrees, such as Shrimp Etouffee and Gumbo were popular dishes sold through retail and catering. By popular demand, the Autin's made available their authentic Cajun seasoning blends in 1986, Autin's Cajun Cookery.