Autin's Etouffee Mix
Just add your favorite Cajun seafood to Autin's Etouffee Mix for an authentic Louisiana favorite.
- In a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan slowly add Etouffee Mix to 2 1/2 cups of warm water or, preferably, chicken broth (3 cups for crawfish) and blend well.
- Bring to boil, stir, and reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 lb peeled medium sized raw shrimp or 1 lb cooked crawfish.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir and lower to simmer.
- Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For a richer, creamier sauce add 1 tbsp of pure butter.
- Add salt or pepper (if desired).
- Serve over rice or angel hair pasta.
Yields: 5 - 8 oz servings.
The company started in 1910 in Houma, Louisiana - where today the Autin family is still united. Descendants of French settlers to Louisiana who for three generations have made high quality and authentic Cajun food products. The Autin's were known for high quality Cajun foods that were well seasoned. Cooked Cajun entrees, such as Shrimp Etouffee and Gumbo were popular dishes sold through retail and catering. By popular demand, the Autin's made available their authentic Cajun seasoning blends in 1986, Autin's Cajun Cookery.